Monday, December 1, 2014

I heard someone say last night they had been instructed by their sponsor to be "nice" or to practice the quality. I wanted to say that my experience taught me that being kind is more important. There is a quote that is attributed to The Buddha but there is much internet debate on it's actual origin but the quote is "  If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.”

Another quote is sometimes tacked onto it that states, "It is spoken at the right time. It is spoken in truth. It is spoken affectionately. It is spoken beneficially. It is spoken with a mind of good-will"

I would rather people think of me as a kind man, than a nice man. Kindness is a principle of spirit. "Nice", isn't a spiritual principle, it is sort of subjective I suppose. "Nice" reminds me of a first grader being sent of to a birthday party with the instruction of mother to be "Nice".

I wanted to say, "Just be kind", don't crush the earth brutally with your foot steps. I went for nearly a life time not knowing a thing about my true self. I only went by the word of others and assumptions on my part. I know these things to be true, one hundred percent true. I am a gentle man. I am a kind man. I do not crush the earn in brutality when I take steps. I am a grateful man.

Be kind to yourself, be kind to others. Take soft steps. Forgive.

No comments: